Broadclyst Community Farm is a working farm leased from the National Trust and run by volunteers. We are just a few miles North-East of Exeter, in the village of Broadclyst, next door to Clyst Vale Community College.
We aim to be a form of sustenance for our community; providing affordable food and hands-on educational activities. We wish to revive interest in agriculture, encouraging active participation and engaging youngsters. We want to understand and value the environment, our farming heritage and each another.
- Our activities include:
- growing horticultural crops (incl. potatoes, onions, carrots and apples)
- rearing livestock (incl. sheep, pigs and hens)
- environmental activities (surveying and improving habitat, e.g. ponds and hedgerows)
- infrastructure improvements (such as polytunnels and irrigation)
- practical educational courses (incl. traditional rural crafts and skills)
- community socials (such as Dig & Dine, Meet the Lambs and Apple Day)
Why not pop by, have a chat and try some of our produce!